Animal cruelty, abuse, and neglect is against the law. If you have seen something that you think may be animal cruelty, abuse, or neglect, take immediate action and report it. Time is critical and quick action will not only reduce the suffering, it may save the animal's life.
Common examples of animal cruelty, abuse, and neglect can include:
* Animals left without adequate food, water, or shelter
* Animals left alone in an unoccupied car or truck
* Animals abandoned or left on their own to survive
* Animals left on a chain that is too short
* Animals in need of medical attention
* Hitting, kicking, or beating an animal
* Animals involved in any form of organized fighting
* People throwing rocks or other harmful obects at an animal
* Attempting to poison animals with antifreeze or other toxic substances
* If you think something may be animal cruelty, abuse, or neglect, please report it!
Jacksonville Animal Care & Protective Services
Phone Daytime/Business Hours: 630-CITY (630-2489)
Phone After Hours or Emergency: JSO 630-0500
Report it online at anytime at the link below:
(scroll down to "Cruelty" and "Create Request"):
Contact your local animal control, humane society, or police department
Northeast Florida City/County Shelters and Humane Societies
If it is a life-threatening situation requiring emergency attention call 911
Take action and save a life!
Tip: If you are not sure if something is animal cruelty, abuse, or neglect, report it. The appropriate authorities will investigate and determine the best course of action. No animal deserves to suffer and your action may save an animal's life.